Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tender Mercies

From before we were even pregnant, I began to notice the tender mercies of the Lord with this choice spirit. I began to have dreams that when I was asked how many children I had, I would always say I was the "mother of 5". For several days, I dreamt similar things over and over. I even felt that "cradling" of the bed on my abdomen that you normally feel as the baby gets bigger, even before I knew I was pregnant.
Then, finding out Logan was breech, and having an external version performed to turn him, we were again blessed with the ease of the procedure and Logan's adaptation to his new position. Being a slightly risky procedure, we counseled with the Lord about it. We were filled with peace.
As we have struggled with the issues Logan has had, essentially from birth, I have felt over and over the Lord's comforting hand. Both in and out of the temple, I have had the whisperings of the Spirit testify to me that Logan is as the Lord would have him be, everything would be fine with him, and the blessings of the temple do extend to our families.
As we prepared for Logan's MRI, and again, he could only have clear fluids after midnight, and nothing after 4:30 am, Logan refused to drink anything for 14 hours. Yet, his happy nature never waivered. He was smiling and content and happy. What a blessing this sweet boy is to us.
Last Friday, we met with Az Early Intervention. Again, the frustrations we felt with originally being denied speech and feeding services were turned into a blessing. Because we had already seen and been evaluated by a speech therapist, yet had the insurance deny it, we automatically qualified for services. We also qualify for services through DDD, which allow us to have therapy past the age of 3. It also allows us to have music therapy (Logan is a huge fan of Jazz). Mom is thrilled!
And then, yesterday, at approximately 4:30 pm, we were blessed with yet one more tender mercy from the Lord. We have been so concerned about Logan drinking clear fluids so he can take the Miralax and have the test done without being admitted to the hospital. Well, yesterday, I had to call the Dr. and inform him that clear fluids were still a no-go with Logan. I spoke to Dr. Montes's nurse. After speaking with Dr. Montes, she called back and informed me that they would NOT have to admit him, nor do the naso-gastric tube, nor IV,etc... We have been permitted to keep him on breast milk and as much clear liquid as he will tolerate and use suppositories instead of the Miralax. I began to cry, and then remembering I had just put make up on to go to pack night, sucked it up. :-) What a blessing! We have felt such a load lift and such a peace come over us. I know that the Lord has seen fit to bless us yet one more time in this endeavor. How we ever became worthy of such love and acknowledgement, I will not know. I do know that the scriptures say that "God loves those who love Him." And we love Him. If this has left us worthy of his mercy, than I consider myself extremely blessed to be in His hands.

2 comments:

  1. Same GI doc for my 2. May the Lord continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your faith is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.:) (BTW-I think it is funny that you love jazz--I absolutely can't stand it--lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!