Monday, September 14, 2009

Faith, Fasting and Priesthood - A Special Blessing to Our Family

On 30 August 2009 we invited family and a few friends to join with us in fasting for our Logan.  Following the fast, we wanted to seek a Priesthood blessing.  As Carrie and I talked about this, we knew we wanted to petition the Lord to heal our son.  We had the faith that He could.  We've witnessed miracles before in our own lives and in the scriptures.  We knew that the Lord who created his little body, could heal whatever was wrong.  We had to ask.

Following our day of fasting, we asked Malin Lewis, our Stake President to assist us with the blessing.  President Lewis anointed and I sealed and blessed.  As hard as I tried, I was not allowed to pronounce a healing blessing.  A restraining hand simply said, "No."  Immediately following the "no", an overwhelming feeling of peace settled over me and I knew that this was the way he was supposed to be.  Logan would have challenges but he would be alright.  He is to be a special blessing to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!