Saturday, October 10, 2009

Delicious Smoothie for Little Noggin's


Success?!  (We hope).  Dr. Morgan provided us with a little recipe jam packed with some awesome "brain fats"!
6 oz Coconut Milk
2 oz water
1 scoop NutraCare
2 tbs Coconut Oil
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds

It was a new taste for him so Logan was a little unsure.  The recipe is very thick so we needed to thin it down a bit with additional water.  After a few "taste sips", Logan began to accept more and more.  I think we've found something that can really help!
Additionally, Logan's appetite has increased this week.  He's been mouthing (and even swallowing) a number of foods.  He loved his grilled steak and mashed potatoes last night!  I hope we've turned a corner!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! I may need to try it. When I was in Ethiopia this summer they would serve avocado juice for breakfast. Yum!!

    As for the steak...I guess he's his father's son!!

    Hope you guys have a great break... and that the good news keeps coming for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! We hope the good news continues

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! My mom told me you guys had progress. I'm so happy you found something he likes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!